Caregiver/ C.N.A Role
Shepherd Premier Senior Living
Caregiver/ C.N.A Role
Cares for the residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or an LPN. This position reports to the House Manager.
Please contact Maria Drosos at email@example.com
• Takes and records vital signs.
• Measures and records height and weight. Calculates and records fluid intake and output.
• Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
• Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living.
• Transfers, positions and turns residents.
• Contributes to the resident’s assessment and the plan of care
• Provides emotional and social support to residents by leading engaging activities.
• Promotes and protects resident rights, assists residents to make informed decisions, treats residents with dignity and respect, protects resident’s personal belongings, reports suspected abuse or neglect, avoids the need for physical restraints in accordance with the current professional standards and, supports independent expression, choice and decision-making consistent with applicable law and regulation.
• Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
• Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the residents.
• Respects residents’ confidentiality.
• Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Corporation
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Has familiarity and willingness to work with elderly population. Previous experience is preferred, but not necessary.
• Clear communication – listening, speaking, reading, and writing including ability to communicate sensitive information with empathy
• Ability to work as part of a team and handle multiple tasks safely and effectively
• High tolerance for working under pressure and handling critical situations in a calm and professional manner.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, is required
• C.N.A preferred or other caregiver training/certifications as per state regulatory and licensure requirements
• CPR/First Aid Certification may be required (per regulatory requirements)
• Experience with the elderly and memory impaired adults is preferred but not required with thorough understanding of the aging process
• Flow of work demands visual acuity, and must have the ability to handle simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to identify hazards, comprehend consequences and determine action to be taken.
• Position requires walking or standing 75% of the time.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Must be able to move quickly, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, and balance and carry supplies, as needed.
• Must have the ability to perform gross and fine motor skills.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases including influenza, HIV and hepatitis.
• May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, dust, and foul odors.
• During emergencies or natural disasters, may be required to report for duty as assigned by management for the duration of the disaster.
• May be required to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays, when necessary, as well as in other positions as needed.
• Works in a senior community environment with regular exposure to chronically ill and frail elderly.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""