Extension Program Coordinator
Primary Position Function/Summary:
The Extension Program Coordinator (EPC) will support and assist in the management of the Master Gardener and Master Naturalist Volunteer programs for Ogle County. The EPC will also support visiting Educators and office operations as directed.
- Coordinates educational programs, meetings and activities for the Ogle County Master Gardener (MG) and Master Naturalist (MN) programs and volunteers.
- Maintains contact with volunteers on a regular basis through meetings and a variety of communication mediums.
- Works with unit team to formulates and implement standard operating procedures for all program activities, to ensure the safety and welfare of all volunteers and participants.
- Gathers information from the Extension Council Advisory Board, volunteers, underserved populations, organizations and the community-at-large to identify needs, establish priorities, ensure diversity, and facilitate program delivery and application.
- Evaluates programs and activities and makes recommendations for change, continuation or discontinuation.
- Records data, creates and maintains administrative records, and reports on program outcomes as directed.
- Recognizes volunteers for service and communicates value in the community.
- Markets and coordinates programs for visiting educators and disseminates educational information provided by Extension professionals.
- Assists the County Director in the planning and coordination of staff in-service days and Extension Council meetings when requested.
- Recruits, screens and selects MG/MN volunteers.
- Orients volunteers to the philosophy of the MG/MN programs, risk management, policies, procedures, and materials.
- Trains volunteers in program curricula and delivery.
- Offers continuing educational opportunities.
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled, and provides updates to Extension staff and Extension Council on accomplishments and activities.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
- Coordinates schedules with office support staff to ensure a quality customer service experience for the public.
- Complies with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of University of Illinois Extension work.
- Complies with all University of Illinois Extension and USDA policies and procedures in programs and employment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(Specialty Factor) Demonstrated experience and/or coursework in agriculture and/or natural resources.
For a full description and online application please visit: HERE
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""