Nurse (RN or LPN) Role
Shepherd Premier Senior Living
Nurse (RN or LPN) Role
Directs the clinical programs and ensures that Shepherd Premier standards and state requirements for resident care are met. Directs staff, ensures regulatory compliance and is responsible for management of clinical budget.
Please contact Maria Drosos at email@example.com
• Directly oversee the delivery of care to Assisted Living residents to ensure that emotional, physical, psychological and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
• Coordinate, along with the Executive Director, family/resident care conferences and serve as a direct liaison between residents, families, and staff. Work with residents, families and other staff to ensure that residents are at appropriate levels of care.
• Monitor documentation systems to ensure that all regulatory timeframes for review of assessments and service plans are met and that resident needs are met. Write and review residents assessments/evaluations and care-plans with appropriate staff.
• Assess/evaluate potential residents for Assisted Living level of care. This may involve assessing/evaluating potential residents in their home or another healthcare setting; must be able to drive to location and perform assessment/evaluation professionally and timely. Schedule and conduct new resident orientation for all Assisted Living Residents.
• Provide oversight of the community medication management program to promote resident safety in the medication use process.
• Collaborate with physicians, pharmacists, and other clinical providers to coordinate care and services for the residents within the community.
• Track, trend and report clinical quality data to identify risk. Actively participate as a member of the community Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement committee. Lead clinical quality and process improvement initiatives within the community to mitigate risk and improve resident care outcomes.
• Provide, plan, schedule and monitor staff training programs and in-services for the Assisted Living staff including statutory or regulatory required training. Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Ensure compliance with all state regulatory requirements including mandatory reporting to the State. Ensure that all concern and incident reports are completed, filed and that follow-up is conducted appropriately.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers while adhering to all policies, standards and procedures of the Company.
• Require 24/7 on-call clinical support.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years of experience as an RN or LPN; one year in home health, assisted living, or long-term care preferred.
• 1+ years of nursing management experience preferred to include hiring, coaching, performance management, scheduling, and daily operations supervision.
• Experience in tracking, trending, and analyzing clinical performance data preferred.
• Flow of work demands visual acuity, and must have the ability to handle simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to identify hazards, comprehend consequences and determine action to be taken.
• Position requires walking or standing 75% of the time.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Must be able to move quickly, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, and balance and carry supplies, as needed.
• Must have the ability to perform gross and fine motor skills.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases including influenza, HIV and hepatitis.
• May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, dust, and foul odors.
• During emergencies or natural disasters, may be required to report for duty as assigned by management for the duration of the disaster.
• May be required to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays, when necessary, as well as in other positions as needed.
• Works in a senior community environment with regular exposure to chronically ill and frail elderly.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""