Staff Nurse 1
NIU Lorado Taft Field Campus
Staff Nurse 1
NIU Lorado Taft Field Campus
This is a 10 month (8/16-6/15), full-time position.
• State of Illinois RN License
• Experience in pediatric nursing
• Certification in First Aid, CPR, AED, and the administration of auto-injected epinephrine or willingness to achieve certification if hired
• Experience using Microsoft applications (O365 applications, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Communicate with families, teachers, nurses, and administrators to determine medical situations and needs of the students attending outdoor education programs at Lorado Taft Campus and communicate those needs to the Taft education and support staff.
• Coordinate and administer medication distribution and treatments as ordered by family physicians for the participants of the Taft outdoor education program.
• Administer care for campus guests and staff in the event of first aid or illness situations.
• Promote health and safety education and culture on the Taft campus by coordinating health and safety related training and reviewing and updating health and safety related policies and procedures.
• Maintain and stock the first aid and health supplies in the clinic and campus first aid kits, including the AED’s.
• Keep detailed records of patient care and maintain the necessary documents to perform the functions of the job.
• Perform the necessary professional development to maintain RN license and necessary first aid certifications.
• Ability to walk short distances, usually on sidewalks, but occasionally over challenging terrain.
• Ability to perform CPR or other physically demanding first aid and patient care activities, which could include assisting in lifting a patient into or out of a vehicle.
• Ability to visually and auditorily observe patients and environment to assess needs and determine course of care.
Compensation and Benefits
• $15/hour starting
• Robust benefit package including health, vision, dental and retirement
For full consideration, please submit application and documents through NIU online employment system at https://employment.niu.edu/postings/57363 by June 29, 2021.
EEO Statement, Visa Policy, ADA Accommodation, Clery Act Information
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Acting Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Altgeld Hall 238
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document from upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form. For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education (AAEOE) at email@example.com.
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""